Many months into the COVID-19 pandemic, traveling long distances to visit family members here or abroad is often impossible or too risky due to the pandemic. Many people are feeling anxious and depressed about the separation and isolation.
Hopefully, by this time most of us have learned positive ways to cope with the loneliness and stress of the unknown. As our lives continue to be impacted by COVID-19, try to protect yourself by making positive choices.
Make it a daily priority to:
- Ensure time for exercise.
- Get plenty of sound sleep.
- Enjoy favorite leisure activities.
- Take breaks from the news.
- Learn relaxation strategies (e.g., deep breathing and meditation).
- Know what to do if you become sick or concerned about COVID-19.