Your well-being is at the heart of everything we do. Now through June 30, 2021, VSP® members can access essential medical eye care.¹ The connection between your eyes and overall health is important and this expanded access will allow you to get eye care when you need it most.
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN ESSENTIAL MEDICAL EYE CARE?
Essential medical eye care services include, but are not limited to:
- Sudden vision changes or vision loss
- Eye trauma
- Pink eye
- Foreign body removal
- Other symptoms that interfere with or significantly hamper day-to-day activities
WE’RE HERE FOR YOU.
- Do you have lost or broken glasses, or you’ve run out of contacts, and don’t have backup eyewear? You can use your routine VSP benefits for replacement glasses or contact lenses to meet your immediate eyewear needs.²
- If you’re unable to reach your VSP network doctor to make an appointment, call VSP Customer Care at 800.877.7195 and we’ll help you find an eye doctor who is open and ready to assist you.
- At your appointment, tell them you have VSP. There’s no ID card necessary.
- We’ll handle the rest—there are no claim forms to complete when you see a VSP doctor.
VSP CALIFORNIA FIRE RESPONSE
VSP is working directly with their network doctors, business partners, and relief agencies, including the American Red Cross, to assess the situation and fulfill the eye care needs of those directly affected. If you are a VSP member through CalCPA Health and have lost or broken your eye wear due to the local fires, you can call Banyan Administrators at 877-480-7923 or email email@example.com. Individuals without VSP coverage can contact their local American Red Cross chapter and request a VSP Global Eyes of Hope gift certificate.
We will keep you posted as the situation changes so that you have the most up to date information.
STAY HEALTHY. BE SAFE. Access to essential medical eye care will help you maintain your overall health, while easing the burden on primary care physicians and emergency rooms.