CalCPA Health – Health Plans For CPAs Since 1959
Health plans by CPAs, for CPAs since 1959
The Group Insurance Trust of the California Society of Certified Public Accountants was established in 1959 to provide employee health benefits to CalCPA member firms. The Trust is branded as CalCPA Health. Our customer service stands above the others in the industry, just ask our members – the people you know through CalCPA.
CalCPA Health improves the well-being of California CPA and financial professional firms by providing high-quality, cost-effective medical, dental, vision, and related health and welfare plans designed and managed specifically to meet the needs of CalCPA members and their families.
Below are just some of the reasons CalCPA members choose CalCPA Health:
- 40+ different plan and network options to choose from: PPO, HSA, EPO, and HMO plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Long-Term Disability, and Life plans are administered through a single source – one premium bill and one point of contact for enrollment, changes, and customer service
- Offers the largest network of doctors, specialists, hospitals, dentists, and eye care providers available in California – Anthem Blue Cross, Delta Dental, and Vision Service Plan (VSP)
- Choices of preferred provider plan options: copay plans, high-deductible health plans including HSA-eligible plans (designed to be paired with a Health Savings Account through HealthEquity or the financial institution of your choice)
- HMO plans to firms with two or more plan participants
- LiveHealth Online provides members with 24/7 doctor visits without leaving their homes or office
- LiveHealth Online Psychology – online visits with a licensed therapist or psychologist
- Dedicated account managers to help firm administrators manage employee benefits
- A.M. Best rated
CalCPA Health is regulated as a Multiple Employer Welfare Arrangement (MEWA) by the U.S. department of labor and the California Department of Insurance. As a MEWA, there are certain regulatory and financial advantages over the for-profit insurance providers, resulting in good value to members. CalCPA Health is well capitalized and is the only MEWA in the country that has applied for and received an A.M Best insurance carrier rating.
CalCPA member firms may purchase health plans directly from CalCPA Health, or if you use a broker, your broker can manage your plan(s) with us.
Whether you need help with enrollment, benefits, claims, or have general questions about our plans, CalCPA Health provides a full-service call center, Banyan Administrators, to serve as your healthcare concierge. You can contact them by calling (877) 480-7923, Monday – Friday, 8am to 5pm (Pacific Time), send an email to CalCPAHealth@CalCPAHealth.com, or fill out the “Have Questions” form to the right. Also, you can chat with a representative at Banyan by clicking on the “Send Your Message” button on the lower right.
After clicking “Get a Quote” you will leave the CalCPA Health site and enter Banyan Administrator’s quoting portal. (Note, Banyan Administrators are managers of the CalCPA Health programs).