If you don’t know us, it’s time to learn about the benefits that are exclusively offered to CalCPA member firms. We understand how valuable your time is – let us help you with your benefit plans.
Health plans by CPAs, for CPAs, since 1959
- Since our founding, we paid over $1B in health benefits and have covered more than 100,000 plan participants.
Our Mission Statement:
CalCPA Health improves the well-being of California CPA and financial professional firms by providing high quality, cost effective medical, dental, vision and related health and welfare plans designed and managed specifically to meet the needs of CalCPA members and their families.
Here are some of highlights about CalCPA Health:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Long-Term Disability, and Life plans administered through a single source
- One bill, dedicated account manager, and same customer service team for all lines of coverage
- Largest medical, dental, and vision provider networks available in California
- Anthem Blue Cross, Delta Dental, and Vision Service Plan (VSP)
- 40+ medical plans to choose from
- Preferred provider plan options: copay and high-deductible plans, including fully integrated HSA-eligible plans
- Industry leader in Health Savings Account (HSA) plans – currently over 44% of our membership is enrolled in a HSA
- HMO plans for firms with two or more plan participants
- LiveHealth Online provides members with 24/7 doctor visits without leaving their homes or office
- A.M. Best rated
CalCPA Health is regulated as a Multiple Employer Welfare Arrangement (MEWA) by the U.S. Department of Labor and the California Department of Insurance. As a MEWA, there are certain regulatory and financial advantages over the for-profit insurance providers, resulting in good value to members.
CalCPA member firms may purchase health plans directly from CalCPA Health, or if you use a broker, your broker can manage your plan(s) with CalCPA Health.
CalCPA Health provides a full-service call center, Banyan Administrators, to help you with questions you may have regarding enrollment, benefits and/or claims. Banyan Administrators are managers of the CalCPA Health plan programs and are here to serve as your healthcare concierge.
Eligibility requirements (in-part): CalCPA Health is available to CalCPA member accounting firms (or solo practitioners – CPA practicing on their own with no W-2 employees) in public practice or offering general financial services. To obtain or retain eligibility, at least 50% of all the Employer’s owners (i.e. principals, proprietors, partners, shareholders or other owners) must be active members of CalCPA and remain in good standing. CalCPA Health does not offer Medicare or retiree plans.
Start Your Quote
After clicking “Get a Quote” you will leave the CalCPA Health site and enter Banyan Administrator’s quoting portal. (Note, Banyan Administrators are managers of the CalCPA Health programs).