Solo Practitioners (No W2 Employees)
Solo practitioners who are members of CalCPA and a CPA in public practice, without any W2 employees, are eligible (see eligibility requirements below) to enroll in the CalCPA Health medical, vision and dental plans*. Here are just a few benefits CalCPA Health offers:
- Largest provider networks available in California – Anthem Blue Cross, Delta Dental, and Vision Service Plan (VSP)
- Unparalleled customer service
- LiveHealth Online – 24/7 online doctor visits
- LiveHealth Online Psychology – online visits with a licensed therapist or psychologist
- ConsumerMedical – helping make healthcare decisions easier
- Fully integrated HSA plans
- Plans administered through a single source – one bill for all plans
- Health and benefit plans designed by CPAs, for CPAs since 1959
All plans are available on Anthem’s full Prudent Buyer PPO network as well as the Select network.
CalCPA Health is available to solo practitioners of an accounting firm and or a firm offering general financial services. In order to be eligible and retain such eligibility, more than 50% of all the Employer’s owners (i.e., principals, proprietors, partners, shareholders or other owners) must be CPAs or Associate members of CalCPA in good standing. If you are a CPA and not a member of CalCPA, click here to see how you can join. All employers deemed to be part of an affiliated group under Internal Revenue Code Sections 414 (b), (c), or (m) are considered to be a single employer.
Open enrollment is currently closed, unless you have a qualifying event, such as birth or adoption of a new child, marriage or divorce, or loss of current coverage. For more information feel free to contact Banyan Administrators, Managers for the CalCPA Health Programs, at 877.480.7923 or email to CalCPAHealth@CalCPAHealth.com.
If you would like to get a quote for a CalCPA Health medical plan, you may contact Banyan Administrators, or if you prefer online submission, you can fill out the form to the right.
*Note, solo practitioners must be enrolled in a CalCPA Health medical plan in order participate in the vision and/or dental plans.