Solo Practitioners (No W2 Employees)
As a solo practitioner, if you have a CalCPA membership, you have access to exclusive medical plans with CalCPA Health.
If you are a solo practitioner, a CPA in public practice without any W2 employees, you are eligible (see eligibility requirements below) to enroll in the CalCPA Health medical plans as well as Vision and Dental plans. You may also apply for Individual Term Life and Individual Disability policies. Besides these health benefit plans, CalCPA Health offers much more:
- Largest provider networks available in California – Anthem Blue Cross, Delta Dental, and Vision Service Plan (VSP)
- Unparalleled customer service
- LiveHealth Online – 24/7 online doctor visits
- LiveHealth Online Psychology – online visits with a licensed therapist or psychologist
- ConsumerMedical – helping make healthcare decisions easier
- Fully integrated HSA plans
- Plans administered through a single source – one bill for all plans
- Health and benefit plans designed by CPAs, for CPAs since 1959
All plans are available on Anthem’s full Prudent Buyer PPO network as well as the Select network.
CalCPA Health is available to solo practitioners of an accounting firm and or a firm offering general financial services. In order to be eligible and retain such eligibility, more than 50% of all the Employer’s owners (i.e., principals, proprietors, partners, shareholders or other owners) must be CPAs or Associate members of CalCPA in good standing. If you are a CPA and not a member of CalCPA, click here to see how you can join. All employers deemed to be part of an affiliated group under Internal Revenue Code Sections 414 (b), (c), or (m) are considered to be a single employer.
If you would like to enroll in a CalCPA Health medical plan, you may contact Banyan Administrators, Managers for the CalCPA Health Programs, at 877.480.7923. Or, if you prefer online submission, below is a link to the enrollment forms that you can fill out and email to CalCPAHealth@CalCPAHealth.com to begin the quoting process.
Please note: Open Enrollment for 2019 begins November 2018.