CalCPA puts members first by providing benefits to help them in different aspects of their financial profession. One very important benefit member firms have is the exclusive access to employee healthcare and benefit plans offered through CalCPA Health.
CalCPA member firms, sole practitioners, and financial professionals – here are just a few things CalCPA Health has to offer:
- Since our founding, we paid over $1B in health benefits and covered more than 100,000 plan participants
- Over 50 plans available
- Medical PPO, HSA & HMO; Dental; Vision; Long-Term Disability and Life
- All plans administered through a single source – one bill for all plans
- The largest provider networks available in CA: Anthem Blue Cross, Delta Dental and Vision Service Plan (VSP)
- Complimentary COBRA administration
- Fully integrated Health Savings Account (HSA) administration
- Over 44% of CalCPA Health members are enrolled in HSA plans
- Dedicated account managers to help firm administrators manage employee benefits
- 24/7 online doctor visits
- Per A.M. Best: “The balance sheet assessment of Group Insurance Trust of the California Society of Certified Public Accountants (CalCPA Health) is reflective of its strongest level of risk-adjusted capitalization as measured by Best’s Capital Adequacy Ratio (BCAR).”
CalCPA + CalCPA Health: Making sure our members have the benefits they need for both their professional and personal well-being.
CalCPA Health is regulated as a Multiple Employer Welfare Arrangement (MEWA) by the U.S. department of labor and the California Department of Insurance. As a MEWA, there are certain regulatory and financial advantages over the for-profit insurance providers, resulting in good value to members.
CalCPA member firms may purchase health plans directly from CalCPA Health, or if you use a broker, your broker can manage your plan(s) with CalCPA Health.
CalCPA Health provides a full-service call center, Banyan Administrators, to help you with questions you may have regarding enrollment, benefits and/or claims. Banyan Administrators are managers of the CalCPA Health plan programs and are here to serve as your healthcare concierge. You can find their contact information to the right under “Have Questions?”. To obtain a quote, fill out the form on the top right or if you have questions, fill out the question form on the bottom right.
CalCPA Health’s Mission Statement:
CalCPA Health improves the well-being of California CPA and financial professional firms by providing high quality, cost effective medical, dental, vision and related health and welfare plans designed and managed specifically to meet the needs of CalCPA members and their families.
Health plans by CPAs, for CPAs, since 1959
Eligibility requirements (in-part): CalCPA Health is available to CalCPA member accounting firms (or solo practitioners – CPA practicing on their own with no W-2 employees) in public practice or offering general financial services. To obtain or retain eligibility, at least 50% of all the Employer’s owners (i.e. principals, proprietors, partners, shareholders or other owners) must be active members of CalCPA and remain in good standing. CalCPA Health does not offer Medicare or retiree plans.