Having health care coverage is one thing; understanding it is another. You can read the 100+ page plan document from your insurance carrier and still not have a clue what your plan covers and doesn’t cover.
- Where is the best or lowest-cost place to get a routine medical service?
- What are the no-cost annual preventative care benefits under the Affordable Care Act?
- Is the MRI your doctor asked you to get available at another facility for less cost?
- Is that facility in-network?
- What does it mean to be “in-network”?
- What is a health savings account?
Knowing the facts about your healthcare coverage is vital to your health and wellbeing. These types of knowledge gaps could mean that you are not maximizing benefits or you may not be taking care of yourself and your family as well as you could be.
The list of health benefit questions can go on and on. CalCPA Health is available to assist CalCPA members (whether or not they are enrolled in a CalCPA Health plan). There are no “wrong” questions to ask. Members have a resource to navigate the health insurance, healthcare, and related regulatory systems.
You may fill out the question form to the right if you have questions.