About CalCPA Health
Health plans by CPAs, for CPAs since 1959
The Group Insurance Trust of the California Society of Certified Public Accountants was established in 1959 to provide employee health benefits to CalCPA member firms. The Trust is branded as CalCPA Health. The Trust’s mission is to provide value added benefit products and quality service to CalCPA member firms. Our customer service stands above the others in the industry, just ask our members – the people you know through CalCPA. Below are just some of the highlights offered by the CalCPA Health:
- CalCPA Health utilizes the largest network of doctors, specialists, hospitals, dentists and eye care providers available in California
- Uniting a large number of CalCPA firms in the Trust provides the purchasing power and insurance risk spreading typically only available to the largest employers
- Unparalleled customer service – just ask our members – people you know through CalCPA
- Offering choices eleven different preferred provider plan options: seven copay plans, four high-deductible health plans including 1 HRA and 6 HSA-eligible plans (designed to be paired with a Health Savings Account through the financial institution of your choice)
- Offering two HMO plans to firms with two or more plan participants
- LiveHealth Online providing members with 24/7 doctor visits without leaving their home or office
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability and Life plans administered through a single source – one premium bill and one point of contact for enrollment, changes and customer service across all coverages
- Dedicated account managers to help firm administrators manage employee benefits
The Trust is regulated as a Multiple Employer Welfare Arrangement (MEWA) by the U.S. department of labor and the California Department of Insurance. As a MEWA, there are certain regulatory and financial advantages over the for-profit insurance providers, resulting in good value to members. CalCPA Health is well capitalized and is the only MEWA in the country that has applied for and received an A.M Best insurance carrier rating.
CalCPA member firms may purchase health plans directly from the Trust, or if you use a broker, your broker can manage your plan(s) with the Trust.
To obtain a quote or to get additional information, call 877-480-7923 or email, CalCPAHealth@key.insurance.