Health plans by CPAs, for CPAs since 1959
The Group Insurance Trust of the California Society of Certified Public Accountants was established in 1959 to provide employee health benefits to CalCPA member firms. The Trust is branded as CalCPA Health. The Trust’s mission is to provide value added benefit products and quality service to CalCPA member firms. Our customer service stands above the others in the industry, just ask our members – the people you know through CalCPA. As of now, over 760 CalCPA firms have chosen CalCPA Health. Below are just some of the reasons to choose CalCPA Health:
- Utilizes the largest network of doctors, specialists, hospitals, dentists and eye care providers available in California – Anthem Blue Cross, Delta Dental and Vision Service Plan (VSP)
- Offers choices of preferred provider plan options: copay plans, high-deductible health plans including HSA-eligible plans (designed to be paired with a Health Savings Account through HealthEquity or the financial institution of your choice)
- Offers HMO plans to firms with two or more plan participants
- LiveHealth Online providing members with 24/7 doctor visits without leaving their home or office
- LiveHealth Online Psychology – online visits with a licensed therapist or psychologist
- ConsumerMedical – helping make healthcare decisions easier
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Long-Term Disability and Life plans administered through a single source – one premium bill and one point of contact for enrollment, changes and customer service across all coverages
- Dedicated account managers to help firm administrators manage employee benefits
- A.M. Best rated
The Trust is regulated as a Multiple Employer Welfare Arrangement (MEWA) by the U.S. department of labor and the California Department of Insurance. As a MEWA, there are certain regulatory and financial advantages over the for-profit insurance providers, resulting in good value to members. CalCPA Health is well capitalized and is the only MEWA in the country that has applied for and received an A.M Best insurance carrier rating.
CalCPA member firms may purchase health plans directly from the Trust, or if you use a broker, your broker can manage your plan(s) with the Trust.
Have questions? Would like to obtain a quote?
Whether you need help with enrollment, benefits, claims, or have general questions about our plans, CalCPA Health provides a full-service call center, Banyan Administrators, to serve as your healthcare concierge. You can contact them by calling (877) 480-7923, Monday – Friday, 8am to 5pm (Pacific Time), send an email to CalCPAHealth@CalCPAHealth.com, or fill out the “Have Questions” form to the right.
If you would like to obtain a quote, simply fill out the form “Get a Quote” over on the top right of this page.