With news media flooding the channels with constant information regarding the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we are monitoring the situation and will continue to update our site as new developments occur.
California is currently under a “shelter in place” order which directs residents to stay inside their homes and away from others as much as possible until further notice. The reason for this order is to hopefully slow the rapid spread of coronavirus. For more information on COVID-19 in California visit the California state website for up-to-date number and for details on what “shelter-in-place” means. For those in San Mateo County, you can find local information at the County of San Mateo website.
Information was posted by the White House on March 16, 2020 entitled “15 Days to Slow the Spread“.
For CalCPA Health members: Since COVID‐19 information is very fluid, timely updates are available at CalCPAHealth.com
Protecting yourself and your family
The CDC website provides up-to-date information regarding the Coronavirus, especially with new details for those that may be traveling (information from CDC regarding traveling). It is to your benefit to check the site for the most recent information.
You can help prevent the spread of the virus by following these good health habits:
- Maintaining six-feet of social distancing
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer when soap and water are not available and make sure to cover your entire hands
- Avoid touching your face, especially around your eyes and nose
- The CDC advises the use of simple cloth face coverings
- If you are sick, stay home
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue and throw it away then wash your hands immediately. If you do not have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your elbow
- Disinfect items that are touched often, such as light switches, doorknobs and keyboards
For further information:
The CARES ACT Provides Help for those with HSAs and FSAs
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: COVID-19 Situation Summary
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: COVID-19 FAQs
World Health Organization: Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Outbreak
What You Need To Know About Coronavirus Factsheet
COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions
Coronavirus Guidelines – 15 Days To Slow The Spread
This information is for educational purposes only and not to be taken as medical advice. If you have questions regarding your current health condition, please consult your doctor.